[gps-talkusers] Re: Gps Transmitter info

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:30:25 -0400

=20

I've seen several cell phones which have this capability (when you
subscribe to an additional service).  I'd say that's likely to be your
most cost effective way of handling this.

If I recall, the phones have a gps receiver, and automatically transmit
their position on a certain schedule, via the cell network, back to a
central tracking web site; someone with the correct password can then
see the location.

Hth,

Chip