[gps-talkusers] GTFS unofficial feeds

  • From: "Charles LaPierre" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GPS: Mobile Geo Users List'" <mgeo_mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:47:10 -0700

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago someone asked me to convert a GTFS feed that was not
official, I tried but at the time I couldn't because the data wasn't exactly
to spec and caused our conversion utility program to crash.  Well since then
I have been making code modifications to our conversion utility which now
handles this type of unofficial data.  The problem is my hard drive had to
be reformatted and I lost all my email for the past six months (always back
up... remember my words or you too will find out the hard way)... so
anyways.  I emailed the person directly that I couldn't convert the transit
feed but I may be able to now.  So if I previously told you that a GTFS feed
that was on the Google website couldn't be converted because it was not
official please email me that information again and I will see if it can now
be converted with our new and improved conversion utility.

Thank you.

Charles LaPierre, CTO
Sendero Group LLC

Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 5 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.

Charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830
Sendero Group, LLC