[gps-talkusers] Re: Curious about GPS 3

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:16:20 -0700

No new receiver with version 3. Just maps, POIs and software to install.

>about the version 3, will there be a different reciever as well, or is
>this just a program you need to install on the brailleNote?
>Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Peggy,
>
>Once development has been concluded and a definite release date is
>established for GPS version 3, we will announce pricing and details about
>features. I think you all know pretty much what we are working on because
>version 3 is a result of what most of you have been asking for, not
>everything, but a lot.
>
>To answer your questions:
>
> >I heard a rumor on the BrailleNote list that there will be points of
> >interest with phone numbers.
>* Yes.
>
> >Will it be more than restaurants?
>* Yes.
>
> > Will it be possible to find intersections?
>* Yes.
>
> >Will we be able to virtually walk down a street and see what the upcoming
> >intersection is,
> >then virtually turn left or right or go straight?
>* Yes.
>
> >Will the maps be a separate release from the
> >GPS 3, or will they be released at the same time?
>* At the same time.

>Friends.  Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West