[gps-talkusers] Curious about GPS 3

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:03:28 -0700

Hi there.  I'm sure that, since GPS 3 isn't ready to be released yet, you
can't tell us everything about it;  but I'm wondering if you can give us an
idea of some of the features you're working on.  I heard a rumor on the
BrailleNote list that there will be points of interest with phone
numbers.  Will it be more than restaurants?  Will it be possible to find
intersections, or will we have to know specific addresses?  Will we be able
to virtually walk down a street and see what the upcoming intersection is,
then virtually turn left or right or go straight?  Mike mentioned about the
new maps being ready soon;  will the maps be a separate release from the
GPS 3, or will they be released at the same time?  Just curious, as
usual.  <smile>

Peggy <who loves her GPS>

mailto:kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac