[gps-talkusers] Re: BrailleNote/VoiceNote GPS

  • From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:23:26 -0400

Hi all,

Dick, you were rude and inconsiderate.  The gentleman has good reasons
for what he wants to do.  There may be additional reasons which he is
not at liberty to disclose.  Having lived in a developing country,
allbeit for only two weeks, I can see that there may be lots of
reasons why possession of high tech equipment might not be wanted.
If you take your blinders off, you might see them as well.

If I were he, I'd not sell my stuff unless I needed the money.
Rather, I would find a friend or relative here in the U.S. with whom
to store the device.  It would need to be somebody I trusted, but I
think that might be possible.

Selling the system is also an option, and I believe that Mr. Halid has
probably thought through his options before settling on this one.  You
are short-sighted in the extreme when you accuse him of not thinking
through his options.  You cannot know where he is going, who he is
staying with, what kind of conditions he will be living under.
There's a whole passel of stuff you don't know.  I postulate that your
advice is merely given out of spite and ignorance.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx