[gps-talkusers] A delightful experience with the folks at delorme:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:03:49 -0700

Hi guys!
As you know I haven't been able to use the rechargable batteries in my battery
pack in the delorme since about the beginning of the month because I dropped
the receiver.
I want to share with you that I just hung up from talking to delorme to get an
extra battery pack and the man was absolutely delightful.
He  and I talked about gps and I told him I was passionate about us being
mobile.
Anyway I had a really marvelous experience and didn't get any foreigners to
answer my questions with English printed on a screen in front of him as I did
with a certain nameless personal computer manufacturer.
Ok happy gpsing.
We didn't take a big walk today as Peggy's mom was absolutely worn out mentally
from us rebuilding my laptop from the hard drive up and we walk out of the
house and are dive-bombed by a trillion or more zacadas so it is easier to walk
either after dark or at dawn before the wretched little beasties show their
ugly faces.
Ok bye for now and again happy gpsing.
Mary Ellen and Peggy Earls