[gpodder-devel] problem to add a feed

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:06:12 +0200

Hello, Thorsten!

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 10:53 +0200, Thorsten Scherf wrote:
> [tscherf at tiffy cvs]$ make test
> make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.
> [tscherf at tiffy cvs]$ cd gpodder/
> [tscherf at tiffy gpodder]$ make test
> bin/gpodder --local --verbose
> (DownloadHistory) Creating new history list.
> (PlaybackHistory) Creating new history list.
> (ipodsync) Could not find pymad.
> (ipodsync) Found eyeD3
> (ipodsync) PyID3 not found - falling back to channel cover for iPod
> cover art
> (ipodsync) mplayer not found - length of video files will be guessed
> (Importer) Cannot import OPML from URL:
> /home/tscherf/.config/gpodder/channels.opml
> (Importer) Cannot import OPML from URL:
> /home/tscherf/.config/gpodder/channels.opml
> Player found: Rhythmbox Music Player
> (/usr/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop)
> Player found: Movie Player (/usr/share/applications/totem.desktop)
> Player found: Banshee Music Player
> (/usr/share/applications/gnome-banshee.desktop)
> Player found: Audio Player
> (/usr/share/applications/redhat-audio-player.desktop)
> Adding new channel: http://chaosradio.ccc.de/cr+cre-latest.rss
> Trying to get settings for http://chaosradio.ccc.de/cr+cre-latest.rss
> Adding new channel: http://chaosradio.ccc.de/cr+cre-latest.rss
> Trying to get settings for http://chaosradio.ccc.de/cr+cre-latest.rss

There is no error message in the output, and I've just re-tried it with
a fresh check-out. Working here. Is there some web filter or proxy you
are using to access the web that could mess with the feed data so that
gPodder has problems importing it?

If not, I could just imagine that your installation of python-feedparser
(or its dependencies) is broken. Which version of python-feedparser have
you installed? Can you try to download the RSS file and open it with
python-feedparser? See feedparser.org for the code (import feedparser
and feedparser.parse()).