[gpodder-devel] iPod synchronization error: "No access to device "

  • From: pdedecker at gmail.com (Pieter De Decker)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:05:57 +0200

> Have you also installed the Python bindings?
Do you mean python-gpod? In that case: yes, I have. I'm using version
0.3.2-1.1 (the most recent version in the Ubuntu repositories).
> and made sure that you've
> removed all of the old libgpod? Instructions can be found on the gpodder
> homepage (dependencies page).
aptitude wouldn't allow me to remove libgpod0 because of dependency problems
so I had to install version 0.4.2 over the current one. Could that be the
cause of my problem?
> Please, also try to back up your whole iPod, remove all files and
> re-initialize with gtkpod (copy one song to it) and then try to re-sync
> with gPodder.
OK, so now I'm able to perform a synchronization (I only tested it twice with
one podcast at a time) but the files don't show up on my iPod in either the
Podcasts or Artists menu. I can see them in gtkpod though (see attached
screenshot).