[gpodder-devel] iPod synchronization error: "No access to device"

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 09:08:57 +0200

Hello, Pieter!

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 09:02 +0200, Pieter De Decker wrote:
> > You definitely need an updated version of libgpod and it's python
> bindings.
> > I'm using 0.4.2 on my FC6 box and it works fine. The Ubuntu Feisty
> beta is
> > using 0.4.2 as well, but my edgy box seems to have 0.3.2 :-(
> > If you need any help at all getting a new version of libgpod
> installed feel
> > free to ask and I'll do my best to help.
> I installed v0.4.2 from its source (you know, the usual './configure'
> 'make' and 'sudo make install' stuff) but gPodder still shows an error
> when trying to copy it to my iPod...

Have you also installed the Python bindings and made sure that you've
removed all of the old libgpod? Instructions can be found on the gpodder
homepage (dependencies page).

Please, also try to back up your whole iPod, remove all files and
re-initialize with gtkpod (copy one song to it) and then try to re-sync
with gPodder.

Enjoy,