[gpodder-devel] feature request: Time stretching / audio playback speed up

  • From: brian.mckee at gmail.com (Brian McKee)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:16:36 -0400

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Lari Hotari <lari.hotari at sagire.fi> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to listen to podcasts using faster playback (45%).
{snippage}

> Would it be possible to implement the playback speed up (time
> stretching) directly in gpodder using the soundtouch library
> (http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/)? Alternatively there could be a
> general script hook for processing the downloaded mp3 files.

This sounds interesting.  Currently I use a feature built into my
Cowan to do this, but it sounds like a nice feature for gpodder to me
as well.  Doesn't this tie in nicely with the feature requests already
there about converting video for some devices as well?  It just
extends it to the audio as well.

Brian