[gpodder-devel] feature request: Time stretching / audio playback speed up

  • From: lari.hotari at sagire.fi (Lari Hotari)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:09:16 +0300

Thomas Perl wrote:
> It would be nice if you could post instructions and a description on the
> gPodder wiki for other people that might like to do time stretching with
> their podcasts. The wiki: http://wiki.gpodder.org/. Just create a "Time
> stretching" page and link it from the start page (in the "Users guide"
> section).
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

I processed the mp3 files manually after downloading them. It's quite
hard to manually locate the correct directory where gpodder downloads
them since the file names aren't self describing. There would have to be
at least a scripting hook in gpodder for processing downloaded mp3
files. There would also have to be some kind of way to configure which
files get "time stretched".

Should I first post instructions about the manual way to the wiki?
(download podcast, then process mp3 file manually and then transfer
files to ipod / other player)

Regards,
Lari