[gpodder] Re: Question: Changing default Download Folder

  • From: Xavier Guillot <Valeryan_24@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:39:26 +0200

Thanks Thomas for the quick answer.

So I made a backup of all my podcasts, then added in last line of .bashrc : export GPODDER_HOME=/mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/gPodder/

I created a folder named gPodder on /mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/

I ran the gpodder-migrate2tres script

All was OK, it took all content from /mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/Podcasts and moved it to /mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/gPodder/Downloads

The (normally) converted database is now on /mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/gPodder/

Fine.

But when I run Gpodder after this, it does not apply the new settings, it still goes to /home/gPodder

So podcasts list is empty at startup, if I import my opml file it only sees new episodes, not my entire database, and cretaes a Downloads folder in /home/gPodder

If I delete this whole folder /home/gPodder it is recreated at next gPodder startup...

So I surely missed something : but what ?

Thanks again for your help !

Xavier

On 28/05/2012 10:24, Thomas Perl wrote:
Hi,

2012/5/28 Xavier Guillot <Valeryan_24@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
"If you want gPodder to download files in another directory, change the
GPODDER_HOME environment variable." : sorry, I do not know what it means.
What and where is GPODDER_HOME environment variable and how to mofify it,
please ? Is it in .bashrc file ? I am on Ubuntu 12.04
Yes, you can put it into your .bashrc like that:

export GPODDER_HOME=/mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/gPodder/

I also read that I have to do a symlink between
/mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/Podcasts and /home/valeryan24/gPodder/Downloads : is it
true, and what is the command ? ln -s and which order ?
Yes, that's the alternative to setting GPODDER_HOME on Linux:

ln -s /mnt/Disk-1L/Loisirs/Podcasts ~/gPodder

Be sure to backup your downloads and database just in case.

HTH :)