[gpodder] Re: Podcast URL normalization

  • From: Stefan Kögl <koeglstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Development for gPodder <gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 20:11:10 +0200

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Kevin Hausmann <
kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That said, gpodder.net seems to do some more drastic re-writes
> sometimes, e.g. for the URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/theangryteddy
> it returns http://theangryteddy.com/feed/podcast and I was not able to
> find the mechanism that is doing this in the code. Could you please
> point me to the right place? I might have to implement this as well in
> order to prevent that people end up with two podcast list entries
> pointing at the same content.

At some point in time those two URLs were stored as two distinct podcasts
in the gpodder.net database. Such duplications are currently detected
manually, and are then merged. One of the URLs is picked as the canonical
one, and will then be returned by the API.

As Thomas already pointed out, this can only be retrieved through the API
calls you mentioned.

-- Stefan