[gpodder-devel] Podcast Navigation

  • From: carlos.lst at eldiabloenlosdetalles.net (Carlos Moffat)
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:03:02 -0400

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 13:54 +0200, Thomas Perl wrote:
> Hello, Carlos!
>
> On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 14:14 -0400, Carlos Moffat wrote:
> > I'm creating a new thread for this. I listen to TONS of podcasts, and I
> > find gpodder's navigation is not great unless one has only a few
> > podcasts. Ideally, I'd like to have a sidebar with a complete list of
> > the podcasts (maybe even only the ones that have been updated recently).
> > I think this was mentioned somewhere in the archives.
> >
> > The reason is that with a huge number of podcast the drop-down menu in
> > gpodder makes the navigation quite slow. There's no way to quickly know
> > if there have been updated podcasts.
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I've tried to add some helpful feature to the
> current GUI interface without much re-structuring, here's the screenshot
> how it would look like:
>
> http://spock.thpinfo.com/~thp/images/gpodder-combobox-new.png
>
> Do you think this feature addition (channels with new episodes bold and
> hint on how many episodes are new) would solve your problem or is it not
> so good for a huge channel list?

MMhh. I think that would be much better than today's GUI, but it would
be better (IMHO) to have a two-panel window, with a narrow left panel
showing the podcast's title, and the list of episodes on the right side.
This allows one two have an idea of what's new right away, without any
mouse-clicks!

What do you think?

Thanks for the good work!

Carlos