[gpodder-devel] Podcast Navigation

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:54:38 +0200

Hello, Carlos!

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 14:14 -0400, Carlos Moffat wrote:
> I'm creating a new thread for this. I listen to TONS of podcasts, and I
> find gpodder's navigation is not great unless one has only a few
> podcasts. Ideally, I'd like to have a sidebar with a complete list of
> the podcasts (maybe even only the ones that have been updated recently).
> I think this was mentioned somewhere in the archives.
>
> The reason is that with a huge number of podcast the drop-down menu in
> gpodder makes the navigation quite slow. There's no way to quickly know
> if there have been updated podcasts.

Thanks for your feedback. I've tried to add some helpful feature to the
current GUI interface without much re-structuring, here's the screenshot
how it would look like:

http://spock.thpinfo.com/~thp/images/gpodder-combobox-new.png

Do you think this feature addition (channels with new episodes bold and
hint on how many episodes are new) would solve your problem or is it not
so good for a huge channel list?