[gpodder-devel] Latest gPodder: very CPU intensive downloads

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 05:03:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Thomas,

well, for me this patch at least decreases the (too ?)
high CPU load that gPodder caused when downloading
from many channels @ high speed. As far as I am
concerned, polling interval could be longer -
downloading a podcast in my case typically involves
files between 50 and 150 MB, so it usually takes
several minutes, and I do not watch the progress
continuously, so for me an update every 10 seconds
would be just as fine. I leave it to your discretion -
the patch works OK for me, we'll have to see what
other users say.

Thanks,
Wilfred

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/