[gpodder] Google Summer of Code 2013

  • From: Stefan Kögl <koeglstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Development for gPodder <gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:49:46 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to apply again for Google Summer of Code this year [1]. The
organization application period starts in one week, and I'd like to refresh
our organization details until then.

There's a page of project ideas from previous years at

 http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/GSoC_Ideas

Please have a look at the page, and feel free to edit what is there, and
add your own ideas! I'd suggest the following:

* Device Sync can be removed (?)
* Native Android port of gPodder has been made redundant by Detleft (?)
* Add some Detlef-related issues... @detlef-team: what are your current
ideas for the project?
* Add "Port gPodder to Python 3" - @thp: do you think that's feasible?
How's the current status of the dependencies?
* @thp: maybe some topic regarding podcastparser?
* @Bernd: any topics regarding extensions?

Is it OK if I nominate thp and Bernd as Mentors? Anybody else?

Looking forward to your ideas!

-- Stefan

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013