[gpodder] Can I get only the audio from youtube channels?

  • From: Benjamin Blatter <b.blatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:46:26 +0100

Hi

Guess the subject says it all. I'm using youtube-dl for mass downloading from youtube channels. I just need m4a audios. Some channels I'd like to sub to with GPodder. Is it possible to get just the m4a files instead of mp4 videos? I can't see anything with help on the command line interface which would suggest such an option being available but I guess asking never hurts ... I'd love to have this option. This could make downloads much much faster, save disc space. And one wouldn't have to convert videos to audio afterwards anymore ...

Kind regards
Ben