[gpodder] Re: Can I get only the audio from youtube channels?

  • From: Benjamin Blatter <b.blatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:38:46 +0100

Cool, I did a feature request.
Thanks
Ben

Am 15.02.2015 um 11:35 schrieb Thomas Perl:
Hi,

Guess the subject says it all. I'm using youtube-dl for mass downloading
from youtube channels. I just need m4a audios. Some channels I'd like to sub
to with GPodder. Is it possible to get just the m4a files instead of mp4
videos? I can't see anything with help on the command line interface which
would suggest such an option being available but I guess asking never hurts
... I'd love to have this option. This could make downloads much much
faster, save disc space. And one wouldn't have to convert videos to audio
afterwards anymore ...
Yes, that would be a great feature, but is not implemented yet. Feel
free to file a feature request bug report. Should be easy to do. Maybe
we can even provide (at least for gPodder 4) a feed provider that
automatically handles all services supported by youtube-dl, thereby
reducing the amount of code we need to maintain locally for
downloading from YouTube, Vimeo, etc...

Thanks,
Thomas