[gpodder-devel] 0.9.4 channel disappearance

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:48:08 +0100

Hello, Lofton!

Lofton H Alley wrote:
> Ok, so I lose all my feeds and start again, so it goes.
> Thanks for walking me through, even though it didn't work out in the
> fluffy bunny way I had hoped,

Yes, I know it's not a very user-friendly way of upgrading, but that's
why the major version number in the gPodder versions (including the most
recent one) still is "zero".

I still hope that the features and improvements of the new version make
up for the slightly irritating upgrade path.

One thing I learned from the whole story is that we should keep
backwards compatible code around for more than just one new version,
because it could happen that people jump some versions instead of
upgrading gradually. Tim Michelsen already pointed that out in an
earlier mail :)

I still hope you enjoy gPodder. The next upgrades should be more smooth.