[goodfeel] Re: incomplete bars, page formatting and d.c. al fine markings

  • From: "David Simpson" <d.l.simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:03:18 -0400

In Lime, you have to insert measures of exactly the right number of eights,
quarters, etc.  So, if you are writing something in 6/8 time, for example,
and it begins with a pickup measure of one eighth and ends with a measure of
only five eighths, you will need to insert a measure of 1/8 at the beginning
of your piece and one of 5/8 at the end.  Use the Insert Measures dialog
(ctrl-i) to do this.  Then, in order to number the pickup measure (sometimes
called the anacrusis) as measure 0, go into the Edit menu, and up-arrow to
Options.  One of the options allows you to specify that you want to begin
numbering your measures at 0.

Dave Simpson