[goodfeel] Scanning Questions

  • From: Joleen <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:34:34 -0700

Hi All, I am one of the newest users of the Goodfeel Software, having just made my purchase last Wednesday. I am thrilled with the things it has already been able to allow me to do. I have brailled my first music and have committed much of it to memory. (its an easy piece).

My biggest obstacle aside from the learning curve to use it at all is the sporadic availability of sighted assistance. Counting the time spent with the demo and now the fully functional version, I have had a total of 4 sessions with help of three different people. The learning curve is steep.

The person who seems most willing to commit time for helping me is a Macintosh computer user and lives about 20 miles away. Getting together is a problem.

1. Is there an equivalent scanning software for sighted people that runs on Macintosh and can convert scanned music to niff format? Is there a web site that I could check out?

2. Is it workable for me to scan music into a .tif document and join multiple sheets together after converting it to music and then sending the combined file without corrections to my friend? I am thinking that she can make the corrections from her house more easily than coming here and I can do the work of converting to Lime and then GoodFeel myself.

3. My next option is to contact the schools in this area and see if the music teachers can find a student willing to give me some help, possibly making it some kind of an extra school project. What are some ways that the rest of you have solved the reader availability problem?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Joleen
** or send a message, to ** goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq