[gnulab-mesce] Video Festival for MESTECH 08

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:41:21 +0530

Hi,
As part of MESTECH We are planning a video festival,which tries to feature
short videos,explaining DRM,and in general Free Software and also we have
the two open movies from blender.
So i am listing the videos here

Videos  TitleDurationDescription Animation-Open Movies

Elephants Dream10:53World's first open movie,made entirely with Free
Software Big Buck Bunny9:56Second Open Movie produced by Blender
Foundation-Furry and Funny

DRM Videos

Trusted Computing3:30Treachourous computing Real World DRM2:16How nasty it
can be if we allow DRM to proceed Interchangability0:56
Bird Song

OLPC
From Redhat's site. olpc-17:24Introduces OLPC olpc-24:00

I had short videos of Stallman saying what free software is all about..but i
thought its impossible to explain free software philosophy in 10 mins and
lets deal that in a session.

Other than this,I am trying to make Two films Revolution OS and Pirates of
the silicon Valley two priemer film shows at the eves of MESTECH..
Things are still in the pipeline, yet to make shape, And all
interested,please come forward, and lets make it big

I am taking another session at IT dept: on 19th and i am trying to introduce
the concepts of free software in general and its relevance..

We will  really miss Raju sir and Raghesh sir this week :(

Thanks
Shyam.k