[gnukhata-users] Re: Reconstituting GNUKhata Core Team

  • From: Survesh VRL <123survesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ramnarayan.K" <ramnarayan.k@xxxxxxxxx>, GNUKhata Abhijith“ <abhijithb21@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:19:58 +0530

Hi Ramnarayan,

Thanks for the hearty wishes, I would like to wish you and all users of GNUKhata a Happy Diwali. Sorry that we have not been more vocal about our updates, a proper mail about our project's progress is still long due, but I hope this mail answers your questions.

1. Is GNUKhata still an active project?

Yes, GNUKhata is still active. We are currently working on rewriting its User Interface to be more mobile friendly (Vue.js PWA) and are also working towards attaining GST compliance. We have been working on this since December of 2020. For more information on the recent progress of the app, check the links given below.

2. Reconstitution of GNUKhata's dev team

GNUKhata's dev team was reconstituted around December of 2020, where myself and Sai Karthik were added to the dev team under the guidance of Nagarjuna (GN) and Baradwaj (VK), funded by Accion labs. Also an anonymous contributor who goes by the name R2 helps us with accounting know how and testing.

3. A few days ago https://gnukhata.in/ <https://gnukhata.in/> was not working

As you have pointed out, our website www.gnukhata.in was down a few weeks back due to issues with renewing our domain name, we have fixed it and it should be working good now. We are working on a revamp of the website UI as well, demo link provided below.

Some useful links:

Current project's repository: https://gitlab.com/gnukhata/gkapp

Check out its demo (WIP): https://gnukhata.gitlab.io/gkapp/#/select-org

Weekly Meeting notes: https://gitlab.com/gnukhata/gkapp/-/blob/devel/docs/weekly-meetings.md

New website UI (WIP): https://gnukhata.gitlab.io/

Please write to us if you have any queries, we would love to talk to you and answer them.

Thanks,

Survesh