[gnukhata-users] Re: *Important* GNUKhata servers relocated

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GNUKhata devel <gnukhata-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:35:30 +0530

Hello all,

Just a follow up.

After a week-end break we have restarted the work and almost done with it.

Data integrity was our major concern and we are in absolutely the final stages.

You can hear from us about the release any time.

I hope to update you soon on that.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

On Thursday 20 July 2017 01:09 PM, Krishnakant wrote:

hello all,

We had experienced some issues during import of the data from gitlab.

Now we have got it through.

We are now in the process of checking if every thing is smooth and fine.

It seems that all the repositories arefine.

This means all the work we have done is intact.

However due to outages happening very frequently. We have made up our mind to shift to git.fosscommunity.in for all future releases.

The things are pretty much working and we are almost finished.

Will update soon when we are in position to release the up coming version which got delayed due to last moment GST changes and the data integrity tests.

happy hacking.

Krishnakant/

On Sunday 16 July 2017 09:12 AM, Krishnakant wrote:
Just a follow-up.

The work is almost done.

The original servers at gitlab is up and we are in the process of migrating things.

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

On Saturday 15 July 2017 04:15 PM, Krishnakant wrote:
Dear all.

This is to inform you all that we have changed the GNUKhata servers, including our source code and wiki as well as bug tracker to git.fosscommunity.in/gnukhata after gitlab failure.

We have seen this happen time and time again that gitlab fails or performs very slow. Today has been no different, except that this time it is massive.

Currently we are in the process of migrating the wiki pages as well as milestones.

Note that this process can't be complete till we have the original gitlab servers up.

Never the less, after successive outages and performance issues, we are inclined to think that we better use a more stable and fast server given the growth of GNUKhata.

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.