[gmpi] Re: Topic 2: Plugin flavors (general question)

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:50:49 -0500

I'm just wondering how long everyone thinks it's going to take to design and
implement GMPI (the first version, at least.)
<<<

We've been taking about 1 week to cover each agenda item, and there are 20
items in total.  So I would expect at least another 18 or so weeks, let's
make it an even 4 months, before we wind up the initial pass at answering
questions.

Then we may need to loop back and revisit some of these items.  Say that'll
take another month.  After that we'll need to write the actual requirements
document, and review that.  Probably another month there.  So, in about 6
month's time we'll be ready to go into the design phase in the MMA.

The design could take as long as a year, if we're talking about sample code,
test harnesses, documentation, etc, etc.  Design is to be followed by public
review, which would be several months... say 6 months.

Grand total, worse case, I think version 1.0 is about 2 years away.