[gmpi] Re: Linux C++ question

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:26:49 +1300

> It blows up after the final return of main.  What I suspect is that the
> GMPI_Factory destructor is being called, but the DLL is already unloaded.

Does putting a printf("Factory destructor.. int the destructor provide more info (may have to provide a destructor, I didn't)?

Cheers,
jeff

Tim Hockin wrote:
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:21:39AM +1300, Jeff McClintock wrote:

Cheers Ron,

At what point in the exit sequence does it crash?  Where in the DLL
specifically?

We will have ask Tim that. Tim, I summon thee.

It blows up after the final return of main.  What I suspect is that the
GMPI_Factory destructor is being called, but the DLL is already unloaded.

I converted the factory to not be static and instead use new and delete,
and it doesn't crash anymore.

Also, could plugin_list be a map instead?  That would avoid having to
iterate to lookup.

smart.

I'll leave that for the next round of changes. :)  This is not exactly a
fast path of code.  I admit that I like the fact that the C and C++ are
parallel (list iteration is easy).

Lastly, is plugin_list a member of class GMPI_Factory? Pretty please,
m_plugin_list? :-)

heh, I would have called it that, but figured no one would like that convention.

I'm confused.  First people wanted less underscores and BumpyCaps?

Ron, what happenened with the conventions discussion?