[gmpi] Re: Linux C++ question

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:26:39 -0500

>Are you saying GMPI does not support static objects?, or does?
>
>If we are fully supporting C++, are we able to use static objects in the
>SDK? (they can be useful, specifically for singletons).

I think we should say that:

   a) a GMPI platform must be able to load and unload dll's with
      static objects.

   b) we recommend that plugins do not declare static objects but
      create their equivalents from within plugin instantiation
      functions.

      SomeObject* foo_is_a_singleton = 0;

      void
      the_foobar_plugin_instantiator () {