[gmpi] Re: GMPI Hosting code

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:48:54 -0500

>And that should be abstracted to platform specific functions, right?
>
>from platform.h:
>       typedef struct GMPI_DllHandle {
>               /* platform ifdefs */
>       } GMPI_DllHandle;

    [ ... ]

correct. i meant to point this out.

>typedefs don't belong in mainline code.  This should go into gmpi_com.h or
>something.  Also the syntax is weird to me, as a C programmer.  Is this
>supposed to be C++ or C?  It's a .cpp, so I assume C++.
>
>Is this the same meaning as the more familiar (to me) C code below?
>
>       /* typedef a function pointer 'new_type' */
>       typedef GMPI_RESULT (*new_type)(const GMPI_GUID*, GMPI_GUID*, void**);

your example is a typedef of a function pointer declaration, not a
function. Jeff's is a typedef of a function declaration. the mismatch
between these two (or rather, the ways in which they are not
equivalent) is a constant source of frustration with C & C++ :)

the biggest concern i have right now is the GMPI_STDCALL madness.

do we really need this? can't we just tell MS compilers "its all
__stdcall in here?"

--p