[gmpi] Re: GMPI Hosting code

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:44:27 -0800

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 05:22:09PM +1300, Jeff McClintock wrote:
> > Sure, love to. But note that your code is not ANSI C because it is
> using C++-style mid-function declaration of local variables.
>
> DOH, Will fix.

If that code is supposed to be C, it should be named in a .c file :).  Now
there's not much reason to keep it C, as it's going to fairly quickly turn
into C++ anyway, right?

> > And also, I am not sure that "DllGetClassObject" is the best name for
> > the factory symbol. .. Or is this derived from COM somehow?
>
> Yeah, standard entrypoint name for COM 'components' (plugins). Not very
> clear.

Ugg.  So the only way to tell a GMPI DLL from a non-GMPI DLL is by calling
the main entry and seeing if it has a GMPI_PluginFactory interface?