[gmpi] Re: 3.10 - Audio I/O

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:42:51 +0000

I agree with your other points FWIW.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:24:37 -0800, Marc Poirier wrote:
> Something that I think has always been annoying about existing plugin APIs
> is how, if you support in-place processing, you still need to support
> non-in-place processing, too, and double your algorithm, or add branches,
> or something like that.

In LADSPA the plugin can decalre itsself to be INPLACE_BROKEN, in which
case the host may not run it with its input buffers being the same as its
output buffers. This is seperate from the concept add adding processing
(where the output is added to the output buffer).

Consequencty you dont need two process functions or branches.