[ghrrbac-vtaa] Meeting 5/24/2005 - Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC)

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA)
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:50:56 -0400

*** Gentle Reminder ***

You are cordially invited to attend the upcoming meeting of the Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) of the VA Tech Alumni Association. Come out and meet local VT Black Alumni. You can renew old acquaintances as we actively plan professional and student activities to help the university and its alumni.

Meeting

Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) of the VTAA

Location

ODU Peninsula Center
(Workforce Development Center / Peninsula Higher Education Center)
Room 2235
600 Butler Farm Rd
Hampton VA 23666
(757) 766-5200

Time

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Tentative Agenda

- Meet & greet (introductions)

- Annual Student Send-Off (what/when to do for this year; last years event at the Bowling Alley was well attended and fun)

- Fall Recruitment Event (when/where; perhaps mid-October to take advantage of the school year; perhaps hold at the VT Graduate Center; could use their computers to students hands-on how to apply for admission, fill-out FAFSA, etc; need a weekend when there is no home game)

- GHRRBAC Charter Review (perhaps discuss committees & {re}structuring)

- Financial Report (what we have on hand; membership dues - do we them)

- New ideas

Directions

Driving directions are simple. Just follow the signs to Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC) -or-

From the Southside: Take I-64 West through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel to Exit 262B (Magruder Blvd/ NASA/Poquoson Exit). Stay in the left lane on Magruder. At the third traffic light, turn left onto Butler Farm Road. The Peninsula Center is located approximately 3/4 mile on the right (right turn into the parking lot when you see the building with the triangle roof) in the Peninsula Workforce Development Center, just before the TNCC campus. RM 2235 will be on the second floor (you can enter any entrance and follow the numbers). If you get to Thomas Nelson Community College, you went too far!

From the Peninsula and places North: Take I-64 East to Exit 261B (Hampton Roads Center Parkway East). Exit at Magruder Blvd. At the stoplight, turn left onto Magruder (RT 134 North). At the first traffic light past the Parkway interchange, turn left onto Butler Farm Road. The Peninsula Center is located approximately 3/4 mile on the right (right turn into the parking lot when you see the building with the triangle roof) in the Peninsula Workforce Development Center, just before the TNCC campus. RM 2235 will be on the second floor (you can enter any entrance and follow the numbers). If you get to Thomas Nelson Community College, you went too far!

16ed8b2.jpg

JPEG image

----------------------------------------------------------- Michael A. Chapman, P.E. Head, Data Acquisition & Data Quality Team, COD NASA Langley Research Center

New Email Address => Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"