[gha] Re: Monica Willard. Mary Nelson Re: UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on 2014-2023 was approved in...

  • From: Kurt Johnson <kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "MBWillard@xxxxxxx" <MBWillard@xxxxxxx>, "mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:04:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi.  This is Dr. Kurt Johnson (also located in NY and active at the UN).

I  support Monica's and Mary's view.  Re UN-related efforts, I also support
first working with & invigorating existing projects, all the while trying to
make sure that  new energies have a way not to be slowed by any ongoing malaise
that may have sneaked into this or that ongoing project (which can be a
problem).

It's important to keep unity with existing directions although, also at the UN,
I have seen situations where new people could not accomplish this or that
because existing groups were in some kind of ongoing malaise. But it's always
best to try for full unity and full co-working and to avoid separation.

I also want to clarify, for those who don't know me, and especially because of
my monastic background, I fully realize that some groups and associations do
decide sometimes to separate and take different directions.  My policy has
always been to continue to work with EVERYONE (I continue to work with both
groups when any separation occurs) since I feel that is what is required by my
particular vocation.

So, I wish all directions well, but particularly that they find unity first,
and also that they find the skills they need for success

best and love
kurt

________________________________
 From: Mary Nelson <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MBWillard@xxxxxxx
Cc: leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx; gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; drgopala@xxxxxxxxx;
sabrina.sharifah@xxxxxxxxx; preyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
bishopstephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; molly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; peacejournalists@xxxxxxxxx;
ashfaque_q@xxxxxxxxx; bswords@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ron.macdonell.sfm@xxxxxxxxx;
jcarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; interfaith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
lmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; kmurtha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; chris.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nyaradzai.gumbonzvanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Gerardo.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
echappee@xxxxxxxxxx; abe_mukti@xxxxxxxxx; ana.villanueva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
akurutach@xxxxxxxxx; uno-nyc@xxxxxxx; beatriz.schulthess@xxxxxxxxx;
dperell@xxxxxxx; Charlesgraves@xxxxxx; wzcf@xxxxxxxx; johntaylor@xxxxxxxxxx;
dr.kwaak@xxxxxxxxx; dr.vaidik@xxxxxxxxx; wskudlarek@xxxxxxxxxx;
yourbestpartner99@xxxxxxxxxxx;
 kapoor.florence@xxxxxxxxx; dlkomi@xxxxxxxxx; vinnex1@xxxxxxxx;
geniekagawa@xxxxxxxxx; homidgandhi@xxxxxxxxx; lgwpf@xxxxxxxx;
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; janewolfe@xxxxxxx; mussiepeace@xxxxxxxxxxx;
Coevt@xxxxxxx; dinsyamsuddin@xxxxxxxxx; one@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rmclugston@xxxxxxx;
Manjamil47@xxxxxxxx; shamsiali1@xxxxxxx; maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx;
egannon22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; jinwol@xxxxxxxxx; yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
april@xxxxxxxx; msa@xxxxxxxxx; c.ritchie@xxxxxxxx; dmichaels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
erik.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; hannah.tbff@xxxxxxxxx; margareta.grape@xxxxxxxxxxx;
mankal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; marcusbray@xxxxxxx; Setri.Nyomi@xxxxxxx;
sehnaqvi@xxxxxxx; phayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:48 PM
Subject: [gha] Re: UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on 2014-2023
was approved in...

Soundsd like a good idea.

Dr. Mary Nelson

Interim Executive Director

Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions
70 E. Lake Street, Suite 205
Chicago, IL  60601
(312) 629-2990 x 228

www.parliamentofreligions.org

Sign up for email updates:
http://www.parliamentofreligions.org/index.cfm?n=6&sn=17

Join us on PeaceNext!
http://www.peacenext.org

Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/parliamentofreligions

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM, <MBWillard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dear Leo and all the GHA Members,
>
>I congratulate you on your efforts and recognize the importance of
Interfaith Education.  I want to encourage you to incorporate this focus
into the already proclaimed Decade for Rapprochement of Cultures,
2013-2022.  UNESCO is in charge of this Decade.  It was
proposed by Krygyzstan and adopted in Dec by the General Assembly.  So
far, they don't even have a launch date for this Decade we are in.

>It is much easier to get included in a Decade that is already approved than
to work on getting a new decade with a similar theme considered.  You
could also put your energy into creating the content for participation instead
of working to get a Decade created.  I encourage you to ask Jordan to
include Interfaith education as part of this important Decade that is about to
be launched.   If you want to do that, you will have help from people
in NY.

>Having worked on the Decade for Interfaith Cooperation for Peace,
Development and Understanding from 2007-10, I know first hand that getting
a Decade on Interfaith anything proclaimed is not easy.  You
already have a decade proclaimed that can easily include your
emphasis.  Please use it to promote the importance of Interfaith
Harmony and Education!

>You also have an ideal emphasis with the theme chosen by the UN for the
International Day of Peace,
>Education for Peace.  You can use IDP, Sept 21,  as a core
component in your work this year.

>If you are interested in either of these ideas, I would like to continue to
be on your list and work with you.  If neither of these ideas are to your
liking, I would like to be taken off your list.  I think your idea for a
separate Decade is counter-productive  to  the work of the
UN at this time. A new Decade is not something I am willing to even
consider when there is so much already available through approved
resolutions.  I can assure you that I will be working with others to
accomplish Interfaith Education and Harmony as important parts of the Decade
for
Rapprochement of Cultures and IDP 2013.   I invite your
participation and leadership in making it happen.

>May Peace Prevail on Earth,
>Monica Willard
>

>__________
>Monica Willard
>631-697-7972
>
>United
Religions Initiative
>United Nations NGO Representative
>
>Committee of
Religious NGOs
>at the United Nations, President
>
>International Day of
Peace (Sept 21)
>NGO Committee ,Co-Chair
>

>In a message dated 3/6/2013 8:37:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>Dear GHA members,  interfaith friends,
>>
>>I am happy to congratulate all of us with approval
  of the GHA proposal for the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on
  2014-2023.

>>It is included in the GHA proposals to King of Jordan
  HM Abdullah II as the best proponent of this idea in the UN, as it develops
  his historic initiative for the UN Week of World Interfaith Harmony in 2010.
  This proposal is included in the 9th section of the GHA project and published
  on the website here: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541.

>>More than 20 positive responses posted
  here, we have not received any objection against this UN Decade, which is
  necessary for everyone, and it is obvious without any doubts. GHA warmly
thank
  all participants of this discussion.

>>The final wording of this
  paragraph is:
>>9.  Initiate in the UN, as a development of your initiative 2010, a proposal
>>of  the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2023, which
>>will  strengthen a harmonizing mission of state and religion in global
>>society in a  non-violent peacemaking way of qualitative renewal of the
>>education system in  the world, especially in the direction of interfaith
>>harmony and harmonious  consciousness of nations, instead of militarization.
>>
>>GHA fulfilled
  their civic peacemaking duty before the world community: We've made all
  possible and the best way. We can now immerse themselves in the creation of
  the First World Center (School) Interfaith Harmonious Education (CIHE) in New
  York. We are happy to invite to the preparation of its curriculum all other
  interfaith and multy-religious organizations in the world and will appreciate
  greatly your contribution to it.

>>I like to bring to your attention two
  Power Point presentations of the ABC of Harmony as the  scientific platform
of interfaith harmony and harmonious education - see  attachment. They are one
of directions of the CIHE curriculum. The first  presentation is prepared me,
and the other is prepared on this basis by Dr  Abbas Panakkal, GHA
Vice-President of India, who spoke with it at the Seminar  of Interfaith
Harmony, February 27, 2013 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/docs/Interfaith_and_Social_Harmony_of_Islamic_World.pdf).
 We thank Abbas for his  presentation.

>>Both presentations are examples for each of you to
  prepare your personal presentation of the ABC of  Harmony for CIHE. We like
to invite you to such presentations,  and will welcome every kind this
presentation as the ABC of Harmony and other similar  books, such as The
Coming Interspiritual Age (tinyurl.com/interspiritual) and others. The
diversity of these presentations will be spiritual and scientific richness of
the CIHE curriculum.

>>Best Harmony wishes,
>>
>>Dr Leo
  Semashko:
>>State  Councillor   of  St.  Petersburg,
>>Philosopher, Sociologist and
  Peacemaker from Harmony;
>>Director:  Tetrasociology Public Institute,
  Russia;
  GHA Website "Peace from Harmony": www.peacefromharmony.org
>>World
  Interfaith Harmony Project on the ABC of Harmony Base:
>>www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541;
>>GHA
  Program Book, The ABC of Harmony:
  page: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253;
>>Address:
  7/4-42 Ho-Shi-Min Street, St. Petersburg 194356, Russia
>>Phone: 7 (812)
  597-65-71; Skype: leo.semahko