[gha] Re: UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on 2014-2023 was approved in...

  • From: MBWillard@xxxxxxx
  • To: leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx, gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, drgopala@xxxxxxxxx, sabrina.sharifah@xxxxxxxxx, preyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bishopstephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, molly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peacejournalists@xxxxxxxxx, ashfaque_q@xxxxxxxxx, bswords@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ron.macdonell.sfm@xxxxxxxxx, jcarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, interfaith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmurtha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chris.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nyaradzai.gumbonzvanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gerardo.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, echappee@xxxxxxxxxx, abe_mukti@xxxxxxxxx, ana.villanueva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, akurutach@xxxxxxxxx, uno-nyc@xxxxxxx, beatriz.schulthess@xxxxxxxxx, dperell@xxxxxxx, Charlesgraves@xxxxxx, wzcf@xxxxxxxx, johntaylor@xxxxxxxxxx, dr.kwaak@xxxxxxxxx, dr.vaidik@xxxxxxxxx, wskudlarek@xxxxxxxxxx, yourbestpartner99@xxxxxxxxxxx, kapoor.florence@xxxxxxxxx, dlkomi@xxxxxxxxx, vinnex1@xxxxxxxx, geniekagawa@xxxxxxxxx, homidgandhi@xxxxxxxxx, lgwpf@xxxxxxxx, james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, janewolfe@xxxxxxx, mussiepeace@xxxxxxxxxxx, Coevt@xxxxxxx, dinsyamsuddin@xxxxxxxxx, one@xxxxxxxxxxxx, rmclugston@xxxxxxx, Manjamil47@xxxxxxxx, shamsiali1@xxxxxxx, maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx, egannon22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jinwol@xxxxxxxxx, yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, april@xxxxxxxx, msa@xxxxxxxxx, c.ritchie@xxxxxxxx, dmichaels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, erik.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hannah.tbff@xxxxxxxxx, margareta.grape@xxxxxxxxxxx, mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mankal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marcusbray@xxxxxxx, Setri.Nyomi@xxxxxxx, sehnaqvi@xxxxxxx, phayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:13:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear Leo and all the GHA Members,
I congratulate you on your efforts and recognize the importance of
Interfaith Education.  I want to encourage you to incorporate this focus  into
already proclaimed Decade for Rapprochement of Cultures,  2013-2022.  UNESCO
is in charge of this Decade.  It was  proposed by Krygyzstan and adopted in
Dec by the General Assembly.  So  far, they don't even have a launch date
for this Decade we are in.
It is much easier to get included in a Decade that is already approved than
 to work on getting a new decade with a similar theme considered.  You
could also put your energy into creating the content for participation instead
of working to get a Decade created.  I encourage you to ask Jordan to
include Interfaith education as part of this important Decade that is about to
be launched.   If you want to do that, you will have help from people  in
Having worked on the Decade for Interfaith Cooperation for Peace,
Development and Understanding from 2007-10, I know first hand that getting  a
on Interfaith anything proclaimed is not easy.  You  already have a decade
proclaimed that can easily include your  emphasis.  Please use it to promote
the importance of Interfaith  Harmony and Education!
You also have an ideal emphasis with the theme chosen by the UN for the
International Day of Peace,
Education for Peace.  You can use IDP, Sept 21,  as a core  component in
your work this year.
If you are interested in either of these ideas, I would like to continue to
 be on your list and work with you.  If neither of these ideas are to your
liking, I would like to be taken off your list.  I think your idea for a
separate Decade is counter-productive  to  the work of the  UN at this time.
A new Decade is not something I am willing to even  consider when there is
so much already available through approved  resolutions.  I can assure you
that I will be working with others to  accomplish Interfaith Education and
Harmony as important parts of the Decade for  Rapprochement of Cultures and IDP
2013.   I invite your  participation and leadership in making it happen.
May Peace Prevail on Earth,
Monica Willard

Monica Willard

United  Religions Initiative
United Nations NGO Representative

Committee of  Religious NGOs
at the United Nations, President

International Day of  Peace (Sept 21)
NGO Committee ,Co-Chair

In a message dated 3/6/2013 8:37:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear GHA members,  interfaith friends,

I am happy to congratulate all of us with approval  of the GHA proposal for
the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on  2014-2023.

It is included in the GHA proposals to King of Jordan  HM Abdullah II as
the best proponent of this idea in the UN, as it develops  his historic
initiative for the UN Week of World Interfaith Harmony in 2010.  This proposal
included in the 9th section of the GHA project and published  on the website
here: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541.

More than 20 positive responses posted  here, we have not received any
objection against this UN Decade, which is  necessary for everyone, and it is
obvious without any doubts. GHA warmly thank  all participants of this

The final wording of this  paragraph is:
9.  Initiate in the UN, as a development of your initiative 2010, a
proposal of  the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2023,
will  strengthen a harmonizing mission of state and religion in global
society in a  non-violent peacemaking way of qualitative renewal of the
system in  the world, especially in the direction of interfaith harmony and
harmonious  consciousness of nations, instead of militarization.

GHA fulfilled  their civic peacemaking duty before the world community:
We've made all  possible and the best way. We can now immerse themselves in the
creation of  the First World Center (School) Interfaith Harmonious
Education (CIHE) in New  York. We are happy to invite to the preparation of its
curriculum all other  interfaith and multy-religious organizations in the world
and will appreciate  greatly your contribution to it.

I like to bring to your attention two  Power Point presentations of the ABC
of Harmony as the  scientific platform of interfaith harmony and harmonious
education - see  attachment. They are one of directions of the CIHE
curriculum. The first  presentation is prepared me, and the other is prepared
this basis by Dr  Abbas Panakkal, GHA Vice-President of India, who spoke with
it at the Seminar  of Interfaith Harmony, February 27, 2013 in Kuala Lumpur,
 We thank Abbas for his  presentation.

Both presentations are examples for each of you to  prepare your personal
presentation of the ABC of  Harmony for CIHE. We like to invite you to such
presentations,  and will welcome every kind this presentation as the ABC of
Harmony and other similar  books, such as The  Coming Interspiritual Age
(tinyurl.com/interspiritual) and others. The  diversity of these presentations
will be spiritual and scientific richness of  the CIHE curriculum.

Best Harmony wishes,

Dr Leo  Semashko:
State  Councillor  of  St.  Petersburg,
Philosopher, Sociologist and  Peacemaker from Harmony;
Director:  Tetrasociology Public Institute,  Russia;
Director,  GHA Website "Peace from Harmony": _www.peacefromharmony.org_
World  Interfaith Harmony Project on the ABC of Harmony Base:
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541) ;
GHA  Program Book, The ABC of Harmony:
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478) ;
P/Web  page: _www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253_
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253) ;
Address:  7/4-42 Ho-Shi-Min Street, St. Petersburg 194356, Russia
Phone: 7 (812)  597-65-71; Skype: leo.semahko
Facebook: _http://www.facebook.com/leo.semashko?ref=tn_tnmn_