[gha] Leo's Tirades

  • From: "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Leo,

Gosh. I apologize for being so very inferior to your massive intellect. I give
you my most profound and obsequious bow, grand philosophical master of us all.

Perhaps it serves you well to be so bitterly condescending to people like
myself, Monica, Bob, Crane, Norm Kurland, and others. Perhaps your attitude
sets a great example for all of us to follow when it comes to being peaceful
and in harmony. Perhaps.

However, being such an inferior scholar, perhaps I could kneel at your feet an
ask a few clarifying questions. I mean, great master, you refer to Global Peace
Science and theory. But it seems this science is a count of four cleverly named
sociological groups in four countries over a period of 50 years. Yes, such
nominal data can be subjected to tests of statistical validity and reliability.
But, as I said, where is the theory? What are the theoretical constructs? Where
are the hypotheses? And, most importantly, how on earth do you connect these
proportions, measured at a cost of $60,000, to proving anything about global
peace?

Perhaps you will graciously recall. All of this email turmoil started with my
simply making my editorial suggestion that you remove the words "based on GHA
sources" in your original proposed topic for the book. That's why we are having
this rather ornate  and unnecessary argument. Clearly these words were intended
to force the writers to feature your favorite theory. Now, those words are
removed and you assure us that you will not be biased. Right.

You know, teacher,  I have published many books for many authors, and never
have I seen a set of "rules" for writing a book. Instead, it is customary for a
coherent editorial policy to be established, and this policy almost always
relates to reader interest and need.

But what do I know? I am but a simple subject in your GHA kingdom. But, forgive
me, I see a future when GHA can begin to consider a purpose of world peace, and
avoid the need to beat the drums for a descriptive sociological study. I have
faith in you to change.

Yours in harmony,

Bruce
Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
Vice-President, GHA
Director of CSSS Publishing and Editorial team
President, World Writers
Resources, Inc.
Author, Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
1407 Getzelman Drive
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
312-859-8090
cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx