[ggo-discussion] Re: glGo crashing at startup

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:20:07 +0100

Yes... someone else also reported the incompatibility scim-gtk. I was unable to find a solution for it, as I don't know those input methods well, don't have any use for them myself as I cannot write Japanese.

When I tried to debug the issue a month ago or so, I also stumbled over something like this in GDB:
#20 0xb70a973d in _init () from /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/immodules/im-scim.so

I am unsure if the reason for the problem is glGo or SCIM or GTK. glGo actually does not use GTK code directly, it's all written for wxWidgets which then uses GTK on Linux. So might be an issue with the wxGTK implementation. I cannot write in GTK directly, as that would mean the code is useless for Windows and Mac. Plus, I don't like GTK programming. :)

[squall38@Highwind ~]$ GTK_IM_MODULE=xim glGo

Thanks a lot for providing the workaround! I believe the other person who reported the problem to me last month also reads this mailing list, so he should see this sooner or later as well.

Peter