[ggo-discussion] Re: glGo crashing at startup

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:44:13 +0100

Julian W. wrote:

Init python: /usr/share/glGo/pythonlib.zip
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x088da8b0 ***
Aborted

No idea what this error message means. I'd also need ~/.glGo/glGo.log and a GCD backtrace for further information.

$ gcd glGo  (possibily "gcd /usr/games/glGo" needed)
wait until it stops and you get a prompt in gcd again
$ bt  (creates a backtrace)

Copy&paste the whole thing after "gcd glGo" and email it to me, please. Plus the glGo.log.

I don't run Mandrake myself, but the guy who does the Dutch translation uses Mandrake, and he usually tells me if glGo runs on Mandrake before a release. So far no problems. However, the last glGo release is rather old, so I don't know anything about more recent Mandrake releases. Or Mandrivia, as it's now called. :)

I don't have much time and motivation for glGo currently, so I cannot promise a timely solution.

Peter