[ggo-discussion] Re: SGF tree display

  • From: "Nazif, Zaher A." <znazif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:30:31 -0500

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the explanation and giving the users a chance to voice opinions.
Personally, I prefer the second type of tree displays that you discussed:)
preferably integrated with the board in the same window. Most of the time, I
have the board window maximized and I do not like having to switch to
another window that displays the tree.
It would be interesting to hear from other users also.
Seeing the information that is displayed with the tree, the user should be
able to home in directly on the part of the tree that is of interest. I like
the screen shot that you included.

I share your opinion about the Smartgo tree display. My problem with that is
the way it unfolds and the inability to see enough info on the display. I do
not like to click too many times and prefer to see as much info as possible
with the least number of clicks.
In fact, the tree display is the only reason why I do not use Smartgo.
Regards...
Zee