[ggo-discussion] SGF tree display

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:46:34 +0100

Cheers,

I would be interested in some opinions and feedback. I am currently
working on a SGF tree display for gGo and glGo. To make development and
life easier, I implemented it as a standalone protoype with a simple
board. The board features playing moves and cursor key navigation. The
current tree features move navigation and folding. All tree features can
be accessed with a popup menu or by click/doubleclick actions, details are
found on the webpage below.

I would basically like to get some feedback if the whole user interface
makes sense, what additional things could be done, what's useless or bad
with the current version etc. I would prefer to do the changes now with
the prototype, not when it's already added to gGo and glGo (and I need to
change both, so double work), so I am asking now. :)

The tree demo is available here:
http://panda-igs.joyjoy.net/English/glgo/tree/

The download is Windows only and a simple installer. Python standalone
packaging for Linux does not work well. Python sources on Linux would work
but require SDL, Pygame, wxGTK, wxPython installed (probably not available
on a standard Linux).

Thanks in advance,

  Peter