[ggcsquicksig] Re: help turning off firewall and antivirus

  • From: Mozart Beethoven <symphony313@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:04:14 -0800

Whoops. I mistakenly left out a word. I meant to say ...it did not find
anything weird...

Elizabeth

From: symphony313@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ggcsquicksig] Re: help turning off firewall and antivirus
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 15:53:49 -0800

With tap-dancing enthusiasm, I am happy to announce to all who circled the
wagons around me, that I
successfully ran Malwarebytes without turning off the firewall or antivirus.

I was almost disappointed when it did not find any weird and nothing needed
fixing (except me).

Thanks to all,

Elizabeth

To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 15:00:31 -0800
From: bcbloch@xxxxxxxx

Not only is the program remarkably effective, their Tech Support, even for
the free version is absolutely awesome!  They got back to me by Email
within ten or twenty minutes and kept up a series of responses to my questions,
giving me step by step directions of what to do next, including using some
other
programs after theirs!

Babette

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 19:42:30 -0800 John King <jmk94903@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  Hi Elizabeth,

  Malwarebytes is about the best tool for cleaning up infections
  automatically.  I use it fairly often.  Once installed, when you run
  it, it first updates itself and then scans and offers to fix any nasties it
  finds.  Great product and free!

  The Malicious Removal tool normally runs once a month when Windows
  updates are downloaded on the second Tuesday.  It's useful, but
  Malwarebytes is better.

  John