[ggcsquicksig] Re: Quicken SIG meeting, April 14, 2015, 11 A.M.

  • From: Babette Bloch <bcbloch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:33:28 -0700

Mike and ALL Others:
Let's look into this...I haven't used the loan configuration much, and
need input from others in the group. who have run loans through Quicken,

Meanwhile, from some Google searches. MIKE: I'D APPRECIATE YOUR
TAKING A LOOK AT THESE AND LETTING US KNOW AT THE SIG MEETING WHETHER ANY
WERE HELPFUL:
https://qlc.intuit.com/questions/152969-interest-only-loans
This string is four years old. Be sure to read the "other"
replies, which are longer than the first one.

https://qlc.intuit.com/questions/800796-how-do-create-an-interest-only-mo
rtgage-loan-with-a-balloon-payment-at-the-end
tThis string relates to quicken 2014!!

From the Knowledge Base at Quicken...read "monthly payment:
https://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/loans-and-mortgages/change-your-l
oan-terms/HOW24181.html

fROM:
https://qlc.intuit.com/questions/164101-faq-how-do-you-set-up-an-interest
-only-loan
Recommended answer
NoWayJose , Q2013 RPM
SuperUser
2 years ago CTRL+a, then "Add an Account"; or click "Add an Account" at
the foot of the Account Bar.

Choose "Loan", then "manual loan account" (bottom of dialog box).

Fill out the loan details and allow Quicken to compute the payment
amount.

Click "Next".

Note the interest amount, then click "Back".

Change the Quicken computed payment amount to the interest amount you
noted in the previous step.

Click "Next", and complete the loan setup process.

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:50:14 -0700 mike sterling <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
I have been wondering how to create and maintain a loan account the
payments for which are interest only.
Perhaps we can touch on that at the meeting.

On 4/10/2015 1:34 PM, Babette Bloch wrote:

We meet again at First Presbyterian Church in San Rafael, in the GGCS
classroom.

First hour we'll go over those three ways to display an account in
Quicken, and the effect of using them when you configure a report.

Also, lots of time for your personal questions, solutions and problems.

Babette

GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: Send an Email Message to:
ggcsquicksig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).

PNG image

PNG image