[ggcsquicksig] Re: Quicken SIG Meeting Times Next Fall

  • From: John King <jmk94903@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:57:27 -0700

 > 1. Depending on meeting time, do you plan to attend the Quicken SIG in
 > September and during the following months?
 Yes.

> 2. Would you attend evening meetings (Perhaps 6:30-8:30)?
Yes

> 2a. Do you PREFER an evening meeting?
No, days or evenings are both OK.

> 3. Do you prefer daytime meetings?
No, but they are OK.

> 4. One possibility would be to alternate meeting times, having the SIG meet
> on a morning one month, on an evenig the next.
> Would this work out for you if we reported what took place at each meeting
> here on the SIG list?

I thiink this would drive me crazy. :-)

> 4a. Regardless of time, would you attend more regularly if we only met every
> other month?
No.  That's so far apart that it wouldn't be useful for questions.  There are
many questions that aren't clear unless you can see them on screen.

> 5. What kind of discussion/class content would make the SIG more meaningful
> to you and lead you to attend more regularly?

The sessions on new features of the new version and how to customize Quicken
are the most valuable for me.  The interface is fairly complex, so it's hard to
find many settings or to understand what they do without buying a reference
book - and that's no fun.

> Please feel free to add any comments, pro or con. We need to know what is
> working and not working in our SIG.

I think the SIG works well.  Quicken has lots of features that I have no
intention of using.  I'd rather not spend time on those, so knowing the topic
in advance is a big  help.  Perhaps, a survey of what SIG members are using
would be useful.  If someone is using a feature that I don't use, I'd like to
know why.  Perhaps, I'm missing something that really is useful.

John

GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
     Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

   In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).