[ggcsquicksig] Not Quite Quicken

  • From: Babette Bloch <bcbloch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:00:25 -0700

Following is just informational for those of you who might not be signed
up for the GGCS EMail Announcement List.

If you have a new Tablet or Smart Phone and are a sea in its features, or
are considering getting one, these event might be of interest.  Also,
after you master that device, you can use it with the Quicken Mobile
feature.

Babette

SPECIAL CLASS

As you probably know from your GGCS Newsletter, Chris and Jim Guld (Geeks
on Tour) will be the presenters at our General Meeting next Monday,
August 25th, talking about Tablets and Smart Phones in general.
(Checkout their web site at www.geeksontour.com and
http://geeksontour.tv/)

In addition, the Gulds also offer a special class on the same topic for
beginners, and we invited them to offer  the following day, 8/26, in our
new San Rafael classroom.  The difference from their GM talk is that the
class includes:
        * Individual hands-on training in a three-hour class.
        * Accompanying manual provided
        * Maximum 20 people - first come, first served
        * 3 hours in length and platform specific:
                 1:00 - 4:00 pm:  Android smart phones and tablets
                 6:00 - 9:00 pm: iPhone and iPad
        * Cost: $45 per person for each class.

If you want to enroll in the class, please Email me ASAP, because space
is limited.  We also ask that you send us a check as soon as I confirm
your reservation.

TABLET/SMART PHONE GGCS SIG

The new Tablet/Smart Phone SIG will hold its first meeting on October
17th at 11:00 A.M. and on the Third Friday of each month thereafter.

The October and November meetings will be held at the Belvedere-Tiburon
Library, with their Techno Reference Librarian, Ivan Silva,  available to
help us with our devices and how best to use them, as well as how to use
library resources with them.

In December, we will move to our GGCS classroom in the First Presbyterian
Church, San Rafael, where we have access to the San Rafael Library's
resource folks to help us with tech questions.

How long the SIG will continue meeting is entirely dependent on whether
enough people are interested in continuing after December, and finding
one or two people to be the SIG's Coordinators.  More about that during
our first meetings in Tiburon.

If you plan to attend the Tablet Sig's October meeting, please let me
know.  I'll also pass around a signup sheet at next week's General
Meeting, and Tiburon Library will announce the SIG in their Email
Newsletter.

Hope to see you at all things Table/Smart Phone!

Babette
415-388-3864