[ggcsquicksig] How quicken connects to your financial institution

  • From: "Babette" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SIGLIST" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:02:26 -0700

Most of us probably are aware that there is a difference between Quicken's
Direct Connect (to a Financial Institution) and Web Connect.  However,
apparently there is a third type of connect, called "Express Web Connect"
The differences and uses of each is described in the following Quicken Support
Article:
<http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/online-services/download/7956.html>

Ut's fairly clearly written, but I find it interesting that Express Web
Conncect keeps your login data, whereas in Direct Connect, the transmission is
between your computer and the FI!  They say this method makes for quicker
transmission of data.

As I read it, the choice of which method is used is up to Quicken and the
arrangement they have with the FI.

I've asked Jeff Parker, the Intuit Consumer Advocate, who will be our presenter
at the Jun 27th GGCS General Meeting, to address this issue and how the method
of transmission is selected.

Meanwhile, the details are most interesting.

      AND DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND THE JUNE 27TH MEETING...ALL ABOUT QUICKEN!!

In addition to being of special interest to our SIG members, good turnouts
assure us of being able to get Intuit to send us presenters in the future.

Babette
GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
     Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

   In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).