[ggcsquicksig] Getting rid of account on Quicken Payee Pulldown list

  • From: "Babette" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SIGLIST" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:54:15 -0700

Katherine Hon, at our last SIG meeting brought up a question about something
that I've also struggled with. (Gee gang, where were all of YOU?!)
If you use Bill Pay via a bank, such as Bank of America, and enter your Bill
Pay transactions from the Online Center window for Payments, there is a
pulldown menu at the right side of the "Payee" line which displays all the
payees registered for Bill Pay at that account. (After you complete all your
transactions in this windows and upload them, they are entered in the register
for the account, catgories and all.

Katherine and I each noticed that when we deleted payee names from the "Payee
List" in Quicken, those names would still appear in the pull-down menu on the
Online Center Payment screen  Very frustrating.

I sent the problem to Jeff Parker, Quicken's User Advocate, WHO WILL BE OUR
PRESENTER AT THE JUNE GGCS GENERAL MEETING ON JUNE 27TH, and he sent me the
solution.

Evidently if you leave the name on the Memorized Payee list, it stays in the
pulldown menu...and he doesn't know why!  I've tried it, and it works!

Babette