[georgianbents] Re: Ride status - next Wasaga ride

  • From: "Rob Glo" <triketrek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 09:42:29 -0300

ok i am going to try one more time if you gys have not left yet whats up with the wasaga ride >>>> Please

From: "Rob Glo" <triketrek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [georgianbents] Re: Ride status - next Wasaga ride
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 20:25:24 -0300

hi again
any status on the ride to wasaga ???/ and again am curious as to your guys average riding speed if i come i wanna be able to keep up .. thanks for the info ..Rob

From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:42:25 -0700

That's cool, the more the merrier. For those of you that don't know, Rob is
the dude that is riding to the east coast and back to raise money to help
get less fortunate kids some recumbents that are better suited to them for
mobility and exercise.  He's got one of Murray's Catrikes with an SRAM
dualdrive on it and is getting some conditioning in before he leaves at the
end of June.

Back to the ride, depending on how things shape up, the plan is to ride out to Wasaga from my end of town. It's about a 75km ride, round trip I think.
Maybe a little more - I'd have to check it again.

> i would like to come on the next wasaga ride if possible
> Rob
>

> >From: <HICKS.TJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: <georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [georgianbents] Ride status
> >Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:06:57 -0400
> >
> >Hi again
> >
> > 5 of us went for the Spin the Lakes Tour this last Sunday.  It was a
> >little . . . moist, but the temperature was pretty good once the blood
> >started flowing and a little body heat was generated. I was hoping that > >all of us would be able to ride together, but that wasn't the case. Ude
> >the temperature and the rain, I had to ride a little faster than I wanted > >to in order to keep some heat in my knees, while the other 3 opted for a
> >more relaxed pace, and the 5th did the 55km route instead of the 100km
like
> >the other 4 of us. There were about 150+ riders registered in total and
it
> >was good exposure for the recumbents and I answered a lot of questions on > >them. There were also a few fairly challenging hills. They weren't very > >long, but they were fairly steep. Not too bad for the low gearing on the > >trike, but the high racer was a bit more challenging and a fair number of > >roadies walked up them. Definitely a great time, and I'll be going back
> >next year.  Might even try the 160km route as well.
> >
> > The RFH is a few days away and I'm going to go to Toronto Thurday or Fri
> >afternoon and drop off some sponsorship money and pick up any packages
from
> >the local guys so no one has to stand in line on Sunday.  Critical
timings
> >are listed on the main site under the "About the Event" link. I'll try
> >get down to the EX parking lot by 6AM and park near the entrance so it is
> >easy to locate in case anyone wants to meet up.  My van is a typical
> >looking Pontiac Transport, with an a-typical white, 10 foot long, 4" PVC
> >pipe strapped to the roof rack.  You can sort of see it here:
> >http://fleettrikes.com/trike%20rack%203%20loaded%20windel.jpg
> >The weather looks to be beautiful as well.  Should be an outstanding
> >opportunity to pass the good word about bents too.  :)
> >
> >Hope to see as many as possible there.  Should be a blast.
> >
> >The next Wasaga ride is also tentatively scheduled for the morning of
June
> >9th.

Listmaster: 25hz@xxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe send an empty mail to