[georgianbents] Re: Into the new year - ice racing

  • From: "Bob Beechy" <buscom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:47:20 -0500

Thanks for the promotional push for the icebike races, Tim. I couldn't say
it any better. It is important that we receive a good turn out and support
for this race, so I invite everyone to come on down! Racers, friends of
racers, friends of friends! It will be fun to actually see and feel real
ice! The rink may be the only place you may find it this year!

We will also need some volunteers for counting the laps of the racers, so
you  can use that reason to invite some friends down to the race. It would
also be helpful if we could get an email confirmation of those racers who
will be attending the race.

Safety regulations have not changed since last year, and can be viewed at
the H.P.T.A. website.(hptabrant.ca) Remember well, that race numbers are
registered to the racer, and not the bike/trike. So, if you plan on using
more than one vehicle, the number must be transferable. Also, if you are
sharing a vehicle, please make arrangements for the use of another vehicle,
if , by chance, both users must race in the same heat, as a means of
elimination.

Last year we had many confusing times with the race numbers and vehicles.
Your attention to this detail will really help the race organizers, and
volunteers!

Personally, I 'm finishing off a new ice trike for the race and it is much
lighter than the Blade Runner. Whether it will have the same speed, or
turning ability, will only be discovered at the rink.

I await your challenges!

Bob Beechy,
President,
Human Powered Transportation Association

( I finished my new snow plow and it worked great, clearing my driveway of
the first, and only snow of the season!)