[geocentrism] Re: ancient science

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:30:21 +1000

You know i should have persevered with the OT... they knew and used radio
communication..

Job 38-35
35 Canst thou send lightnings, and will they go, and will they return and say
to thee: Here we are?

Oh if only we could hear the original writer..  fickle and uneducated later
copiers and linguists after a science long lost had no way of saying , "Can you
send a wire and be sure it will be recieved ,  Can you be sure they will send
back a reply.."'

we can never know if it was not a super electrical telepathy transmitter..
what ever it was,  it would have to be far superior to anything we have today..

Aether , aether and more aether...

\and the ancient Tibetans not only had a spherical earth surrounded by an iron
heaven, but also knew, amazingly enough, that the earth's diameter was about
7,000 miles.

In Nachmanides' commentary on the Torah, he quotes from the ancient rabbis:
"The heavens were in a fluid form on the first day, and on the second day they
solidified." Another ancient rabbi said: "Let the firmament become like a
plate, just as you say in Ex. 39:3." Nachmanides himself describes the
firmament as "an extended substance congealed water separating" the waters from
the waters.

none of the ancients, except for possibly the Greek atomists, had any notion of
empty space. The Hebrew words for "void" and "nothingness" have parallel uses
in many Old Testament passages and generally refer to a watery chaos (Gen. 1:1;
Jer. 4:23; Is. 40:17, 23). Therefore we must conclude, as does Marvin H. Pope,
that Job does not have the Pythagorean notion of the earth suspended in space.
Oceans, not empty space, surround the Hebrew world.

Although it sounds odd at first, the rabbinic idea that the sky-dome was made
of congealed water makes eminent sense in terms of creation out of watery
chaos. This doctrine, and not creatio ex nihilo, is the prima facie implication
of Genesis 1:1; and the scholarly consensus is that this initial impression is
indeed correct. Hebrews 11:3--"that which is seen was made out of things which
do not appear"--has been used for centuries as the main scriptural support for
creation out of nothing.

it is true that the Hebrews had a rough understanding of the circulation of
water vapor and the source of rain in the clouds (Job 36:27, 28), they also
conceived of mechanisms in heav-en whereby God could directly induce great
atmospheric catastrophes. Obviously the clouds themselves could not have held
enough water for the Great Flood, so "all the foundations of the great deep
burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened" (Gen. 7:ll; cf. Mal.
3:l0). This is also further proof that the earth was surrounded by watery
chaos.

And thankful we should be for the wisdom of God that He does not provide the
nitty gritty detail.. such certain to hasten our demise..  Our science is
already doing well enough in that direction at its own rate..

What was pre flood science like? We know they did not speak in different
tongues..Maybe they spoke not at all, but thought waves..  Platos Atlantis,
what secrets did you have?  We materialists have to hate Noah.  He would have
forbidden his family to speak of it.. Bet there was one woman there that
started it all again though..

Not claiming authorship....