[geocentrism] Re: an axis or not?

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:34:20 +1000

An ecliptic (or any ) plane to me is an arbitary geometrical statement. If a
top was spinning stable in a vertical position, then the plane of its rotation
or orbit would be in a fixed plane. But what of the same top orbiting and
precessing (gyrating)? The plane of the orbit and the plane of the spin and
thus their axes would be continuously variable.

Where would the geometrician put the axis of an unstable orbit that varied
randomly in the vertical and horizontal plane?  What was true for this instant
would not be true for the next, and being random, would not be predictable.. I
repeat my assertion an ecliptic plane is an imaginary geometrical construct
used for graphic display. It has no other existence as an entity