[geocentrism] The sun and the earth - letter to the editor

  • From: Bernie Brauer <bbrauer777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:14:59 -0800 (PST)

The sun and the earth

"The Warmth of Winter" ( 6th November stated that "the Earth moves through its
orbit". Yet scientists admit that "We cannot feel our motion through space. Nor
has any experiment ever proved that the Earth is actually in motion!" (
Einstein's chief disciple Professor Lincoln Barnett ). The Lubavitcher Rebbe,
who was thoroughly familiar with the subject, wrote: "It is my firm belief that
it is the Sun that revolves around the Earth, as I have also declared publicly
on various occasions and in discussion with professors specializing in this
field of science."

The seasons referred to in the article are explained in the geocentric model by
the stars being seen to rotate about the Earth 366 times in a 365 day year. In
addition the sun travels in a to-and fro elliptical north-south spiral pattern
in the course of a year. On the summer solstice the Sun reaches as far north as
it is going to go, and on the winter solstice it reaches its southernmost point:
"The Sun rises and the Sun sets, and to its place it draws, there to rise
again; it goes to the south and turns to the north" ( Koheles 1 ).

All the planets and stars participate in this motion, which is an inherent
property of the firmament. The result is that parallax, aberration, the annual
Doppler Shift, the precession of the equinoxes and perihelion precession are
fully accounted for in the geocentric model:

See "Geocentrism" Avi Rabinowitz, B'Or Ha Torah 1986;

"De Labore Solis - Airy's Failure reconsidered", Walter van der Kamp 1988;

"Geocentricity" Geradus Bouw 1993;

"True science agrees with the Bible" Malcolm Bowden 1998;

"Torah Metaphysics versus Newtonian Empiricism", Rabbi Shimon Cowen B'Or
Hatorah 1999;

"Mind over Matter - the Lubavitcher Rebbe on Science, Technology and Medicine"
2003;

and Galileo was wrong: the scientific case for geocentrism", Robert Sungenis
and Robert Bennett 2006.

AMNON GOLDBERG